Saturday, October 2, 2010
Modern Religious Experience: Reflection #4: Buddhist Meditation
During 20 minutes of silent meditation inside the bathroom, I was able to accomplish many things without being disturbed. I was able to empty my mind to seek life’s truths. The answer of life’s truth was focused on God. During my silent meditation, I had one trouble controlling my mind. The trouble was being disturbed by the thoughts of games and other thoughts that weren’t relative to the life’s truths. Instead of focusing only on my own life’s truths, I began to think about school work, games, and etc. Eventually, I was able to receive on inspiration. The inspiration was taking actions to help others and to myself. Since God gave me the spirit to live, I should use that special gift for God’s work. Silent meditation gave me new experiences with new significant thoughts to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment